Sunday, April 5, 2009

Streching the Truth

We've all had that Montserrat Moment, where your plan comes crashing down, so in a show of sympathy, I have decided to misspell the word stretch for the 2009 calendar year whenever it comes up.
We had trouble in the Fancypants world this week. A little background...about 3 years ago, some of the women on my tennis team were commenting about American Idol, the combination of wanting to watch the show and their family's utter disdain that the show was in existance. My own kids said the average age of the viewer is 12, so I was sort of sneak-watching it...from that conversation, my friend, MaryAnn decided to have a few people over on Tuesday night for A.I. just from 7-9PM...
from THAT, we decided a small wager would make the whole thing more fun. I actually think money makes everything more interesting; I would enjoy museums a lot more if they would display the price of the items, but that is a thought for another day...anyway, it's now been a Tuesday night staple for years, and the princely sum of $3.00 give you the right to vote each week. Whoever guesses the person eliminated wins the pot, and I find myself cheering as though it is overtime in the Superbowl, this was me this Wednesday, "Go Anoop! No, I mean, really, go! Go home! Aarrrgh!!!! I knew it was going to be Megan! Why didn't I vote off Megan!!!!" We have a very professional system where the money moves in a Baggie from one Tuesday's house to the next. So this week, there were 3 winners, but the very organized and precise person with the Baggie threw out the messy little voting chits, and someone else claimed to have voted correctly as well. I was cracking up, because some of these women are like Junior League on steroids, I think one of them owns a few hospitals, but there was HEATED debate over this $9.00 situation, a VERY long and streched-out story to get to the fact that it reminded me of your cellphone-in-the-toilet, it was one person's word against another.
And by the way, I sum up my food habits as disorderly eating. It's not exactly an eating disorder, but that's how I am going to refer to it from now on!

Patty

No comments: