Friday, April 3, 2009

EVIDENCE!

The lost bike story reminds me of our cell phone saga....all I really wanted to do was talk to someone at U.S. Cellular about streamlining my plan for obvious reasons - trying to cut back as my life plummets (kind of...remember, I said I am actually happier) so this nice, nice gal takes me through my very convoluted Family Plan, letting me know whose phones are up for renewal or not. I had just been talking to Skye about possibly paying for his own plan (scowl, scoff!) but this gal told me it's about $30 - $40/month for an individual vs. only $10 extra/month for each of the kids who are on my plan (4 of them...GOD knows why, but I think this had something to do with emergencies, being lost in airports, possible abduction, children really needing to call home).

I ended up getting both of us new phones. WHAT????!!! Yes, I did...and the reasoning was that there happened to be a BUY ONE / GET ONE FREE thing with these LG phones and one of them was a cute purple (me) and the other was silver (Skye)....perfect. I had dropped my phone and it was acting funny and Skye hadn't been able to get his voicemail to work...this was the only responsible thing to do....these would last a long time and I could cancel my home phone. And trying to be as thrifty as possible I said no thank you to the offer for insurance on his phone....she explained that if he dropped it in the toilet, lost it, or it was stolen, we'd be able to replace it for $50.00. Made me laugh a little when she said toilet. Not because the odds are so low, but more because I could totally see myself - or Skye - dropping our phones in the toilet but declined the insurance anyway.

4 days later Skye reported that his phone was lifeless, so I took it back for either the same phone or some other brand but when the guy at U.S. Cellular looked at the battery, he said there was certain evidence of WATER DAMAGE, as INDICATED by the INDICATOR that should be white but was red.

Skye denies that the phone ever got wet...and certainly not in the toilet...and I am inclined to believe him. However, since I did not have an eagle eye on that phone for four days, I coudn't argue with the EVIDENCE...

I still get to have the rebate on mine but Jesus, having something for four days is not long enough. So sorry about Zeke's bike.

Ruby

No comments: