Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oleo

Dogs love the wrong things for sure, kind of like me and jalepenos. It reminds me of a teenage girl who is with the Bad Boy, you know he's bad for her but she loves him! I know I should stay away from hot peppers but I can't, I love them!
One night I made lobster for everyone, and for whatever reason the 5 little bowls of drawn butter were left on the table overnight. Our dog, Chrissy, could get up on the table, but she couldn't get down. When I came into the kitchen that morning, the dog was on the table, the butter was completely gone, and that pooch was giving me a look of total denial and almost disdain over being accused of wrong-doing, like "What? You think I did something?"
Shortly after that, a new neighbor moved in next door. She came over and introduced herself, saying' "Hi, my name is Chrissy". And I said, "I've got some bad news for you..."
Once the dog experienced the nirvana that only saturated fats can provide, she sat patiently for years near the table, waiting and waiting for a random chair to be left ajar so she could make her move.
Not too long ago, Chrissy died from a completely un-butter-related problem. (The dog, not the neighbor) She lived a good life, with many trips to the mountaintop (technically the tabletop).
And speaking of trips, I was conflicted when I talked to Madison last night. Her last exam is on a Tuesday, but she's thinking about staying a few extra days because they don't need to be out of the dorm until Friday. The sentimental part of me wants her to want to burst out of the exam and begin driving home immediately, anxious to see her loving mother ASAP. The cheap part of me knows that school is expensive, so sure, stay on the meal plan, keep showering and living there and get the most value out of the "on-campus" experience!

Patty

No comments: