Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'd be an awesome dishwasher

I wanted to work at Weightwatchers as a receptionist, which is weighing people in, and I was NOT offered the position. I rate this opportunity as a tiny bit ahead of being a dish washer, so I felt extremely rejected. Honestly, it was the most menial job I have ever applied for. I felt like one of those war-torn physicists from Sri Lanka who has to flee to America and work as a manicurist or whatever. But I'd be the physicist who wasn't offered the job in the salon. I don't know where I went wrong, I was punctual and perky. It's possible that the answer to "Do you have any long-term goals within this organization?" should have been some variation of "yes"...oh well...the idea of maintaining a certain weight to keep a job was a new twist on motivation for me, but now I will never get to see if it that theory would work! So I am still at my goal weight, but it's the same pattern, the viscious cycle where I get into health and fitness and self-discipline for a year or so, and then, it slowly slips away, a vacation here, a buffet there, a fabulous dessert... wine begets apathy, and I redirect my thoughts to more of a "life is short!" mode which somehow makes it OK to gain a little weight...and then just a little more...If I could be more Zen-ish, I could live in this moment, a moment where I am at my absolute goal weight...but, tomorrow is the first day of Jazz Fest, and I am already mentally preparing my eating strategy, and it is not one that is on any diet horizon...
If I were to get Zeke another bike, what do you think of the idea of hiding a GPS tracker in the seat? That way, if it gets stolen again, we can just go retrieve it!

Patty

No comments: