Friday, April 3, 2009

Produce first!!

Friends don't let friends start in the frozen food aisle, isn't there a law about that?

The box of issues for this week include's this drama:

Zeke doesn't ask for much. He costs us less than anyone in the family. A perfect visit to the mall for him lasts 5 minutes or less. He can never think of anything he wants for Christmas...he's been getting into biking lately. This is NOT a biking town, but against all odds, he's joined the Biking, Juggling and Gardening Club at Tulane and they ride around and have crawfish boils and picnics and Ultimate Frisbee competitions...He's been using Portia's old clunky bike. Last week, he asked about getting a good bike. Yes, definitely! It's cheaper than a car, and if he's going to be there 5 years, that's money well-spent.
So on Saturday, we have this big outing and get him all set up with the cool bike, the helmet, the Kryptonite lock, the water botle (they threw that in for free, that's when you know you are spending too much)...Out the door it was close to $500.00...
That stupid bike has already been stolen! He owned it for exactly 4 days! It was depressing, because he was so happy about that bicycle. But it was such a bummer to lose it, Zeke has vowed to ride crappy bikes for the rest of his life.

Also, I don't think I've mentioned this lately, but I was born in the wrong body! I was supposed to be petite. If I was, then I could have saved a gazillion amount of energy and angst to keep losing the same 25 pounds over and over. My goals are not lofty, I just want Size 10 to feel loose! This time I have a new strategy, I have actually applied to Weight Watchers, it's a 6 hour work week, I think I can handle that! Since self-discipline never works, maybe a situation where you lose the job if you gain the weight back will be motivation.
So this day ends with me bikeless and not a tiny person, but generally things are good! I think I'll go eat some produce.

Patty

No comments: