Thursday, July 1, 2010

Party of 5 or 5 Parties of 1 ?? (Patty)

For a long time, we were 5 people living in one house. I never questioned this or anticipated a time when that would be the exception...
In the past year, we have moved to Laguna, possibly temporarily, so we have kept our house in New Orleans. Zack is moving to off-campus housing at Tulane and Madison into a similar type place in Atlanta...next year, Parker will go off to college, so we will have 5 monthly payments for 5 different residences...that's just WRONG! Where was my family planning guru 19 years ago...3 kids in college at the same time, that is some stress on the budget!
The house that Zack and his buddies are moving into is owned by Chinese people. I begin speaking Chinese immediately every time I deal with them, i.e. "Hi Kate, (they all have American names and Chinese names, Kate's real name is Xiang) this is Patty, Zack's Mom." She replies with something like "Sure, sure! I know who you are! We talka yessaday!"
Then I say, "Kate, we NO talka yessaday"...She also shakes her head up and down, what I thought was the international signal for "yes".... while saying "no", must be an Asian thing...
After I attend the Harry Potter convention (just shoot me now...) next week, I am going to check out Madison's new digs in Buckhead, apparently we need to head to Ikea and stay indefinitely....
And by the way, how could you be in love with Bob Barker when Christopher Plummer was out there in Austria falling in love with Maria?!? If it wasn't for The Colonel, no one currently in their 40s and 50s would know that eidleveiss was small and white! What did Bob Barker contribute to society? Nada.

No comments: