Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Life in the fast lane (Patty)

Yeah...my kids get me on festivities sometimes, rolling their eyes at dusty, excessive holiday decorations coming down from the attic or the notion that they would want an Easter basket, now so BABYISH, so philosophically incongruous..the whole rabbit/Resurrection disconnect...
But then, I see one of them on Facebook happily hugging an Easter Basket...what's that about?
"Oh, Ben's mom sent me an Easter Basket, she's so great!"...Hmmm, wait, I thought you said they were ridiculous? I would totally do Easter if you guys didn't taunt me the whole time. Seems like my kids have been teens for a long time.
So I drove some girls to Los Angeles last night to see In The Heights at the Pantages, (possibly America's most ornate thing) and Ah-bed from Community was sitting right behind us. He is a "D" List actor to most, but to me and Parker, he is a major celebrity, we salivate and wait for Ah-bed to arrive on the screen and we were tickled about our major sighting. We kept thinking of lame but excellent reasons to turn around, it was almost hard to watch the show. Driving home, I was going maybe 75 mph in the left lane of an 8-lane freeway and I suddenly, quickly had to MERGE RIGHT...what the f***...practically killing us all, although they were completely unaware of their impending doom...I was so wired when I got home that I couldn't fall asleep until 2AM...
But we live on to see another day. Did I tell you that Zack got a job at Commander's Palace? He likes it a lot, they call him "College Boy" in the kitchen. He also found a bass guitar in his new on-campus housing, so he has started playing the bass. Now it's getting weird. John went to Jesuit High School, Zack went to Jesuit High School. John went to Tulane, Zack went to Tulane. John worked at Commander's, Zack works at Commander's. And John played the bass..they don't seem like people with that much in common but...
Please don't laugh when I tell you that I am on my way to a Harry Potter Convention in Orlando. If you are looking for me, I will be at (just kill me now) The Night of a Thousand WIzards!

Patty

No comments: